- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Position Overview:Â Â
The Finance Manager is responsible for the Centerâ€™s accounting and finance functions in compliance with Department of Labor, PRH, and Contract, Center and Corporate requirements.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Effectively manage all aspects of the accounting and finance departments and staff.
- Has knowledge of all PRH financial requirements and all Corporate financial procedures.
- Monitors Center and departmental budgets.
- Develops and distributes monthly department budgets.
- Provides management with monthly analysis of actual versus budgeted costs.
- Establishes system to ensure availability of funds prior to the expenditure of Center funds.
- Develops and maintains internal controls to ensure the integrity of the accounting system and to help safeguard the Centerâ€™s governmental and corporate assets.
- Ensures the integrity of Corporate and DOL financial statements.
- Reviews and audits financial accounts and reports on a timely basis.
- Establishes system(s) to ensure all liabilities and obligations of the Center are reported accurately each month.
- Reviews, investigates and explains any unusual fluctuations in the Centerâ€™s costs.
- Ensure staff members have adequate training to complete key areas of responsibilities. Cross-trains department employees. Ensures that departmental staff completes all DOL, Corporate and Center training as required and demonstrates competencies accordingly
- Develops Others: delegates tasks or responsibilities for the purpose of developing othersâ€™ abilities, reassures and encourages performance improvement, provides timely coaching.
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Finance department.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedules staff meetings at regular intervals, ensures meeting minutes are accurate.
- Participates in CMT, ensures that all staff participate in Career Mentoring Team.
- Provide support to the Career Development Services System (CDSS) department to ensure student job readiness.
- Participates on a SGA committee.
- Ensures equipment assigned to the department is properly accounted for and maintained in good condition. Notifies the Center Director of repairs/costs above routine expenditures.
- Monitors budget for the Finance departments and maintains spending limits as applicable. Tracks spending of staff each month.
- Periodically audits staff time sheets to ensure compliance with corporate time keeping policy.
- Ensures accuracy and timely submission of all employee timesheets so as to remain in compliance with company policy.Â Â
- All other duties as assigned.
- Required Skills
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Broad knowledge of financial functions and two years of work related experience in addition to supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and utilize good judgment at all times.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Sound communication skills to include oral and written.
- Excellent project management skills
- Valid State driverâ€™s license with a clear record
- CPR/First Aid certifications
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- CPA certification.
- Job Location
- Detroit, Michigan, United States
- Position Type
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.