SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Connection Systems segment and is located in Allen Park, MI
The IT Operations Team Lead is technical while providing regular guidance to the team. This person will be team-oriented, should interact well with clients and high levels of the organization, and is able to take a project from inception to completion with moderate direction. Having a Positive attitude and the ability to handle a stressful situation is essential.
- Responsible for timeliness of team projects and initiatives.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement within the team and organization.
- Provide guidance and feedback to the team on performance goals and expectations.
- Provides a technical escalation for team members when challenges arise.
- Drives speed to execution on activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Responsible for the daily administration of Linux environment(s) and related servers.
- Responsible for providing application and server support with some of our largest clients.
- Responsible for service maintenance, patching and upgrade.
- Works with the security team create strategy, response, and implementation.
- Help maintain and execute disaster recovery plans.
- Install, test and administer enhancements to new and existing servers.
- Run daily health checks to ensure seamless operation and to ensure 100% uptime.
- Ensure data recoverability by conducting a schedule of system/disaster recovery scenarios.
- Configure backups and verify they are completing successfully.
- Coordinate updates internally with product development teams.
- Work to ensure application performance consistency.
- Provide international clients with application support.
- Troubleshoot both internal & client tickets.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- 4-year degree in IT, MIS, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Ability to guild and mentor others with daily challenges.
- Ability to take an approach of continuous improvement to any environment.
- 2-3 years of System Administration experience, in a Linux environment.
- 2-3 years with server hardware & networking.
- Knowledge of installation, upgrades and troubleshooting a Linux system.
- Knowledge with databases, preferably MySQL / Mongo.
- Ability to work in an on-call rotation and available after business hours.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools and practices.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research and solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate issues and resolutions to all levels of the organization and client base.
- Ability to communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical users.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Familiarity with Ubuntu or other Debian based distributions.
- Cloud experience with Azure / AWS.
- BASH scripting experience.
- MongoDB/MySQL experience.
- Python scripting experience a plus.
- Network/Security experience a plus
Traits we seek:
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
- Passion for product excellence - build great products with distinct customer value and apply continuous improvement and innovation
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About the Connected Services Division:
Aptiv's Connected Services team is a global provider of telematics and analytics solutions serving the transportation industry. We help our customers identify the data they need to operate more efficiently and produce better products. With teams working across the globe,
Connected Services creates and delivers solutions that combine comprehensive data acquisition methods with powerful edge and cloud computing architecture resulting in an enterprise-class solution for fleet management, product development, connected vehicle and data exchange applications.
Come join the Aptiv Connected Services team for a unique opportunity to work with and learn from experts, while also significantly contributing to the future of mobility! Mobility has the power to change the world, and we have the power to change mobility.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Privacy Notice - Active Candidates:
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.