The primary responsibilities of the Purchasing Assistant are the retrieving, issuing, and stocking of parts and materials, entering requisitions, ordering supplies and materials for plant operations, and assisting purchasing supervisors and manager with their duties.
Responsible for inventory and cycle count taking; processing paperwork, data entry of receivers and issues and inventories as required, housekeeping of storage areas, maintaining labeling and material identification, receiving parts and materials and processing them including department notification and stocking, and prepping materials for return. Clerks are to operate the forklift to unload incoming materials and to place in storage in warehouse; and to process of all relative documentation for receiving or repair/return of goods from warehouses.
- Retrieving, issuing, and documenting parts and materials as they are received and dispersed.
- Receiving and taking delivery of parts and materials.
- Delivering parts and materials.
- Operating a forklift
- All other duties as assigned
Job requires neatness and organization with a grasp for detail and accuracy in record keeping; Individuals must have strong work ethic, be dependable, and be able to work independently.
- Taking daily or cyclical inventories.
- Verifying on hand inventories.
- Verifying incoming shipments of materials.
- Posting receivers on computer system.
- Issuing materials from inventory on computer system.
- Filing paperwork and documents by combination of company name and numerical sequence.
- Hand writing issue slips and inventories requiring
- Finding parts and materials in the computer data base for maintenance and other departments.
- Cross train to work in all areas of purchasing, including but not limited to box shop, stockroom, knife room, office etc.
- Very strong computer skills, SAP experience preferred, Microsoft Excel required
+++ Day - 4-10 hr shift
Flexible hours between 5:30 am to 3:30pm
Please click on the link and follow the instruction below:
Click on the JBS “VIEW JOBS” – OPEN POSITIONS
Click on SELECT A LOCATION: PLAINWELL, MI
CLICK ON “SEARCH”
You will find ALL OPENINGS FOR PLAINWELL FACILITY.
Click on the THE POSITION you want to apply
CLICK ON APPLY