!!DUE TO MAJOR EXPANSION!!
Sanford Behavioral Health is hiring Medical Assistants for our Grand Rapids and Marne facilities. We prefer people with a background in eating disorders or substance use disorders.
WE ARE HIRING FOR MULTIPLE POSITIONS AND MULTIPLE SHIFTS FOR OUR EATING DISORDER UNIT IN MARNE AND OUR RECOVERY HOUSES IN GRAND RAPIDS.
PAY IS DEPENDENT ON EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provides support for carrying out overall program and adherence to rules, local, state and accreditation regulations and standards.
- Provides oversight of client’s daily schedules including proper orientation to the program, engagement with the daily programming recommendations, skill development, and practice.
- Conducts hourly safety checks on clients during sleeping hours.
- Provides appropriate supervision to always ensure client safety.
- Assists clients with any conflict resolution or interpersonal issues in the milieu.
- Relays pertinent daily clinical and medical information to the multi-disciplinary team.
- Facilitates/co-facilitates experiential groups, skills groups, community outings, psycho-education groups, therapeutically supported lunches, and assessment groups.
- Delivers services within a person-centered approach that is intended for motivating the client to continue treatment and follow through with treatment recommendations.
- Ensures that daily progress notes are completed in a timely manner
- Administers medication as prescribed by the physician in accordance with medical procedures.
- Maintains all files and records in accordance with quality assurance standards.
- Assists in the continued support of alumnae as needed.
- Assists in the support and orientation of interns and other staff members as appropriate.
- Participates in staff development and training, including staff meetings, in-service training, advanced skill workshops, and continuing education.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Assures maintenance of client rights, health, welfare, and safety by providing support to all team members and maintaining quality care continuity.
- Communicates with multidisciplinary team/administration in a timely manner regarding risk management issues.
- Stays up to date on professional licenses and/or certifications and all necessary continuing education and supervision as required.
- Presents professionally to the public when representing Sanford CTED.
- Administers and collects wellness surveys and client satisfaction surveys.
- At all times, observes and respects clients’ individual rights, and confidentiality and adheres to Sanford House’s personnel code of ethics.
- Provides transportation for residents’ needs, as appropriate.
- Assists in scheduling appointments for clients and transportation as needed.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Experience working with individuals with eating disorders, addiction disorders, and other mental health issues is preferred.
- Registered Medical Assistant is required.
- Good communication skills, self-motivation, good leadership potential, knowledge of case management, and good decision-making ability.
- Ability to work with a team milieu approach to treatment.
- Ability to identify own strengths and areas of improvement and communicate needs to supervisor.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality on all client records and business-related records, as required under HIPAA guidelines.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.?
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Must be able to perform repetitive tasks such as typing for extended periods of time.?
- Must be able to clearly express and exchange ideas by means of spoken words to impart oral information to employees or others accurately or quickly, engaging in sometimes lengthy conversations or presentations.?
- Capable of monitoring the facility and grounds, including the ability to ambulate up and down stairs.
- Must be able to seize, hold, grasp, turn or otherwise work with your hand or hands.?
- Must be able to perceive sound by ear to interpret oral information from employees or others accurately or quickly.?
- Work will be performed in an office environment with fluctuating temperatures.?
The employee must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
Sanford Behavioral Health is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by Federal, State, or local laws.