THIS POSITION IS FOR A MANUFACTURING COMPANY LOCATED IN WARREN, MI
2ND SHIFT PRODUCTION MANAGER (WARREN)
Privately owned manufacturing company seeks an experienced 2nd Shift Production Manager to safely, effectively and efficiently manage operations personnel. Position reports directly to Operations Manager. Requires experience directly managing up to 15 people.
- Independently supervising and scheduling a production staff of up to 15 production employees to ensure timely production of quality products across multiple roll-forming lines.
- Maintaining safety protocols, and ensuring all staff work in a safe manner at all times.
- Providing feedback to Operations Manager on personnel, tooling and equipment needs.
- Oversees daily scheduling of orders to meet customer deadlines, typically with 24-48 hour turnaround time.
- Maintains adequate and timely flow of materials to production lines to ensure on time production.
- Works cooperatively with H.R. to manage shift personnel in a systematic, responsible manner including:
- Hiring, training and promoting staff, to maintain an adequate workforce on 2nd shift;
- Preparing and conducting annual personnel reviews.
- Appropriately disciplining employees and documenting discipline.
- Consulting with H.R. to ensure all employment laws, rules and regulations are followed and documented.
- Works cooperatively with Sales and Shipping departments to ensure all customer requests are met on time, or reasonable alternatives are offered when requests cannot be met.
- Follows procedures to ensure that raw materials and finished goods inventories are organized and accounted, including performing regular cycle counts and monthly, quarterly, and annual physical inventory counts.
- Regularly reports to Production Manager on:
- Production needs, limitations and capabilities and recommends priority of needs;
- Performance of staff;
- Equipment utilization and requirements;
- Quality results;
5+ years of experience as a Production Manager
Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Ability to work as part of a team
Hourly rate starting at $20 - 25/hr, based upon experience
Health Benefits and bonus available after 90 days
Profit-Sharing, 401(k), and paid vacation time available for committed employees