Summary: The Technician position at DNA will be responsible for supervising the equipment and making sure all projects are completed on time for their specific area. They must also ensure that quality and safety are a top priority while working with the machinery.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage techniques, technologies and tools of the process
- Management of machining blades and other consumables
- Compiling and managing the machining programs
- Process preparation work when changing wheel types
- Providing technical support to on-site production
- Reporting purchase plans for machining consumables
- Machining process improvements
- Maintenance of all equipment for process, ensuring all equipment is in good working condition
- Supervise the maintenance of all equipment for tools and that all related equipment is in good working condition
- Other Relevant Work
- Follows safety rules 100% of the time.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following housekeeping guidelines.
- Maintains good attendance.
- Follows instructions and works to meet daily job assignments and KPI’s.
- Rotates within work area when directed.
- Monitors equipment condition and production quality and ensures all product (whether conforming or non-conforming) is processed in accordance with quality guidelines, customer requirements and the company’s control plan.
- Openly communicates with team leader and/or quality regarding concerns
- Completes product tracking logs for various types of product.
- Performs other Relevant work as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand written documents
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. Depending on stationed work area, exposure to elevated temperatures exists.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee must be able to regularly lift between 30-50 pounds often, sometimes lifting and/or moving 50-75 pounds, throughout the shift.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; bend; twist; rotate; and frequently, to read, write, talk or hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours and days of work are determined by their shift. Working overtime may be required as necessary.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.