SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Caledonia.
A day in the life of a Meat Associate is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to maintain and operate the Meat Department in an efficient manner within company policy; to ensure that the shift contributes to the best financial interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Follow established recipes to grind and tray meats and make sausage and other products
- Price, date, wrap and/or bag meat products per established guidelines using department scales
- Handle spoiled/damaged products per established guidelines
- Properly fill, rotate product and merchandise shelves, cases and displays; rotate fill meat, fresh meat, frozen meat and lunch meat cases.
- Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; Know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
- Basic mathematical skills
- Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.