SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Battle Creek.
A day in the life of a Deli Lead is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to direct and supervise the activities of all deli associates in the absence of the Deli Manager to achieve the sale and profit goals established for the department; to ensure that the work shifts of all department associates contribute to the financial best interest of the store.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover.
- Check and verify receivables for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and store in appropriate areas.
- Train others to perform all department activities and functions.
- Manage the selection, scheduling, and supervision of others to meet or exceed departmental productivity levels.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- 0-2 Years of Supervisory Experience
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
- Accounting/Bookkeeping/Budgeting/Financial skills
- Delegate/Direct and Implement
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.