SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Jenison.
A day in the life of a Butcher is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to properly cut all types of meats into various types of cuts and all preparation of related products in the variety, size, quality, and trim prescribed by company and department standards; to ensure that the work shift contributes to the financial best interests of the store.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
* Cut and weigh steaks, chops, etc. for individual servings; Produce 'value-added' products per established guidelines.
* Cut, trim, and bone carcass sections or prime cuts to reduce to cooking cuts; Follow established recipes to grind and tray meats and make sausage and other products.
* Price, date, wrap and/or bag meat products per established guidelines using department scales.
* Properly fill, rotate and merchandise shelves, cases and displays. Notify the manager if products and supplies need to be ordered.
* Receives, unloads, and stocks merchandise and have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
* HS Graduate or Equivalent(GED)
* One year retail or other related experience preferred
* Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
* Basic mathematical skills and attention to detail
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.