Title: Regional Executive Director-Residential
Job Category: Operations Management
Line of Business: Rehab Without Walls Services
About this Career Opportunity:
This position has comprehensive management authority for the business of a specific regional operation. This includes managing the programmatic, operational human resources, financial and political functions, essential to both maintaining existing business and growing new business opportunities within their defined areas
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Has proactive oversight for all assigned area legal, contractual and regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Oversees internal and external audit processes.
- Communicates changes in policy and procedures.
- Implements agency and state quality-assurance programs.
- Initiates and performs activities to ensure compliance with ResCare mission, strategic goals, ResCare Quality Way, and other quality management initiatives to ensure responsiveness to customer needs.
- Implements and analyzes persons served/staff incident tracking systems.
- Leads and monitors all Best in Class initiatives.
- Completes fiscal analysis of new and existing business.
- Establishes good relationships with outside agencies, community involvement, and civic organizations.
- Develops internal and/or external business per strategic plan.
- Operates as liaison between new business opportunities and state development team.
- Negotiates and develops contracts with outside agencies.
- Provides appropriate and timely communication of business opportunities to Regional Director/State Director .
- Communicates and role-models the company's mission, values, and goals.
- Communicates operating philosophy, system information updates, and strategic direction.
- Builds and supports the area team.
- Monitors and supports direct reports in professional development and growth.
- Develops, oversees and analyzes budgets.
- Troubleshoots problem areas as they develop in a timely manner.
- Implements fiscal processes and loss-control programs to ensure appropriate allocation of financial resources.
- Assures appropriate staffing to minimize overtime.
- Maximizes the use of financial resources through staffing models.
- Oversees/participates in the hiring process of all assigned positions in accordance with ResCare policy and local, state, and federal employment law.
- Ensures the implementation of programs to evaluate, recognize, and develop employees as well as a positive work environment.
- Ensures all staff receives training and supervision as needed to meet performance expectations.
- Ensures Human Resources policies and practices are followed. Oversees Affirmative Action compliance and initiates corrective action as indicated in the agency's most recent AA plan as assigned.
- Promotes a learning environment at all levels.
- Reports on the operation key indicators.
- Participates in projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Develops financial and quality goals for assigned area, which contribute to the overall State-level goals.
- Oversees all efforts toward achievement of regional, state, and company objectives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to meet Developmental Disabilities Professionals (DDP) qualifications, demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be willing to work flexible hours.
- Acceptable degrees that meet DDP qualifications include a Bachelor's Degree in Education, Social Work or Human Services.
- Minimum 7 years experience in the Human Services field with 4 years of progressively responsible management experience required.
- Appropriate business license as required by State Law.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Experience in residential services preferred.
- Prior experience providing support and services to individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities preferred.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Individual must have the ability to stand and work or have mobility through mechanical assistance.
- Individual must have the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Primarily sedentary which requires stooping, bending, reaching, hearing and vision (with or without assisted devices) in order to operate phone, computer and facsimile.
- Home-like and office settings with varying degrees of background noise. Light and ventilations found in a typical home or office setting.
- Smoking areas are designated at work locations.
- Hazards may exist if the employee fails to use proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting an individual, if vehicles are not operated safely, or if proper techniques are not used when intervening with individuals.
- The possibility of exposure to bloodborne pathogens exists if universal precautions aren't followed.
This position will support our Residential Rehab in Downers Grove, IL and Detroit, MI areas. These are small residential rehabilitation centers for brain and spinal cord injuries. Position will require some travel between locations, candidate ideally will be located in either Chicago or Detroit.Clinical experience as a PT, OT, SLP or LCSW working with brain injuries required.
ResCare offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
ResCare also offers a PayOUT program that allows employeesto set their own pay day. to learn more about this program.
About Our Company
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities! ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Regional Executive Director-Residential.
About this Line of Business
We cover thousands of homes across the country, with a comprehensive range of programs and services, including host home and foster care. ResCare partners with people in the community who open their homes to individuals with disabilities and assists families by providing adoption and foster care services. With almost four decades of experience in the IDD services field, our aim is to be the provider-of-choice in the development of unique and proprietary service offerings and technologies - working toward innovative care models and leading health outcomes with states and payers.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
1040 Robey Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60516-3445 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (â€œResCareâ€), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.