When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you'll find a culture of collaboration and innovation that provides our members meaningful work and development opportunities.
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our team, you'll become an integral part of a family-owned organization, where your contributions truly matter.
We are currently looking for a Machine Repairer on 2nd Shift to join our team in Holland, MI.
As a Machine Repairer, you will:
Perform routine and emergency maintenance on all machines and equipment, diagnose source of problem or potential problem, and maintain or repair machines or equipment as needed.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- High school education, GED, or equivalent (equivalent is defined as 3 years of machine repair work experience for each year of education uncompleted).
- Certificate of completion of 4-year apprentice program or six years machine repair experience.
- Willing and able to work 2nd shift.
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Must have or be willing to obtain complete set of trade tools.
- Must obtain and maintain valid powered industrial truck operator permit; ability to legally drive in State of Michigan.
- Ability to climbs ladders and or machinery, stoop, crouch, twist, kneel, crawl, and walk to access repair area, while carrying or moving tools and repair parts, including overhead and floor to waist lifting of materials up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Ability to diagnose problems and make repairs or improvements to machines.
- Ability to operate testing equipment, hand tools, torches, welders, and other equipment.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to manage conflict and maintain positive relationships.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: Repair, Industrial, Machinist, Manufacturing
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.