When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for Summer Student Team Members to join our team in our Big Rapids, MI facilities during Summer 2020.
As a Summer Student Team Member, you will:
Learn to perform a variety of general assembly or distribution processes, using common hand tools and adhesives, ensuring quality product is produced. Perform and cross-train on other job functions as directed; may rotate through various tasks in the work area. Seasonal workers will be placed in positions out in our manufacturing facilities to allow vacation coverage for our current manufacturing and distribution members.
Do you have these required qualifications?
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
- Must be currently enrolled in college or enrolled for the Fall 2020 semester
- Ability to meet daily production requirements, work in a team environment, and utilize good verbal communication skills
- Willing and able to work in the following conditions: Large equipment used in area and occasional exposure to solvents, glue, fumes, chemicals, dust, dirt, noise, vibration, and ?berglass
- Ability to lift/move product weighing up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Ability to work between 32-58 hours/week based on business needs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
- Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Willing and able to work in Big Rapids, MI without relocation assistance
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
- Haworth manufacturing experience is preferred
- Legal dependent of a current Haworth member
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth's AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at or (616)-393-1600.
Nearest Major Market: Grand Rapids
Job Segment: Intern, Part Time, Seasonal, Entry Level, Retail
As an EEO/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicantâ€™s race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, other protected group status, or any other basis protected by the laws where we employ people.