Title: Licensed Clinical Social Worker-Per Diem (RWW)
Job Category: Professional: Clinical
Line of Business: Rehab Without Walls Services
Branding: Rehab Without Walls
About this Career Opportunity:
- Provides direction, supervision and evaluation of medical social services to patients in the home to ensure compliance with state practice act(s) and ResCare policies and procedures, applicable healthcare standards, governmental laws and regulations.
- Works under general supervision.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission - Vision - Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Instructs, treats, observes and evaluates patients exhibiting significant social and emotional problems affecting their health status.
- Assists the physician and other health team members in understanding the significant social and emotional factors related to the patient's health problems.
- Participates in the development and periodic re-evaluation of the physicians Plan of Treatment for patients needing social work services.
- Utilizes special skills and judgment to resolve social and emotional responses connected with the illness.
- Observes, records and reports changes in patients' condition and response to treatment to Clinical Manager and the physician.
- Participates in the discharge planning process.
- Instructs/counsels patients and families in treating and coping with social and emotional response connected with illnesses.
- Provides ongoing assessment of patient and family needs and responses to teaching.
- Participates in care coordination activities and acts as a resource to other health team members in the identification and resolution of patient needs.
- Utilizes appropriate community resources to achieve identified objectives.
- Supervises, instructs and evaluates the performance of the Social Work Assistant (BSW) to assure that all medical social services are provided to patients in compliance with Company, government and professional standards.
- Maintains and submits documentation as required by the Company and/or facility including any case conferences, patient/physician/community contacts, visit reports, progress notes, and confers with other health care disciplines in providing optimum patient care.
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs, obtains continuing education as required by Company policies and regulations.
- Maintains and enhances clinical practice skills.
- Maintains the highest standards of Professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature.
- Shares information only when recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is in the best interest of the patient.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as assigned.
- Communicates information that enables data collection and root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Adheres to and participates in Company's mandatory HIPAA privacy program / practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs / practices.
- Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education with six months* social work experience in a healthcare setting.
- Current licensure/ certification in the state(s) of practice if required.
- Successful completion of any/all Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Good organization and communication skills and ability to function with minimal supervision also required.
This is a per diem position
Our Company offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability, life, and tuition reimbursement. All employees age 21 and older are eligible to participate in the 401(k) retirement savings plan.
About Rehab Without Walls Services
Rehab Without Walls (RWW) NeuroSolutions started more than 30 years ago. RWW originally designed a program helping brain injury, spinal cord injury, and stroke patients using real-life activities in their own environment. Today, RWW is still removing walls, breaking barriers and rebuilding lives. But RWW is also connecting the neuro-rehab continuum, providing expertise in the right place at the right time with outpatient and residential services in addition to groundbreaking home and community rehab.
RWW services start with the understanding of a patient's health, lifestyle and goals. RWW then assembles a team of neuro-trained therapists who work across therapy disciplines to create a truly personalized program that blends scientifically backed rehab protocols with the patient's real-life activities. It's a combination that delivers better results during the recovery journey and into the future.
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Company does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Clare, MI 48617 USA
Res-Care, Inc., dba BrightSpring Health Services (â€œResCareâ€), is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.