Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to todayâ€™s complex business issues. Croweâ€™s accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a â€œBest Place to Work.â€ We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
The Strategic Sourcing & Logistics Optimization consulting practice, which focuses on manufacturing & distribution clients, is looking for a Senior Consultant capable of leading a strategic sourcing engagement. The Strategic Sourcing practice has 3 service lines:
(1) strategic sourcing
(2) freight spend optimization
(3) client processes / team transformation
Your focus would be on all 3 service lines as follows:
- 60% of time will be spend delivering category strategic sourcing work for clients (e.g., leading a category sourcing event on our clientâ€™s behalf):
- 30% of time will be spend on freight optimization initiatives (e.g., carrier negations; mode, weight/cube and route optimization; process enhancements; etc.)
- 10% of time will focus on implementation of processes / training of client personal to enhance internal capabilities
- Any remining time will be spent supporting the larger Performance Improvement practice (focus on operational efficiencies / optimization), the development of marketing/ business development collateral and supporting continuous improvement in the sourcing practice
- Travel 70 - 80%; mostly in the domestic US
- Note: The amount of travel will be limited initially, will increase as COVID-19 restrictions loosen.
- Bachelorâ€™s degree, ideally in Supply Chain Management or equivalent
- Minor in Finance or a Supply Chain Management Certifications (e.g., CSCM) is preferred, but not required
An MBA is preferred, but is not required
- 5+ yrs. of Sourcing experience working as a working as a Strategic Sourcing Consultant managing category sourcing projects; and or as a â€˜Buyerâ€™, â€˜Procurement Specialistâ€™ or â€˜Category Managerâ€™, or equivalent at a Fortune 1000 company
- An ideal candidate will have experience leading competitive sourcing initiatives and involvement in procurement transformations
- It is important that this person can demonstrate they are capable of performing the 3 primary job functions as part of the interview process: (1) They will be asked many questions around prior project management related experiences wherein they led and were accountable; (2) they will be asked to submit a written report sample
Additional requirements include:
1. Strong written and verbal communications skills
2. Proficient to expert level ability in Excel and Power Point
3. Ability to learn quickly and work independently
4. Demonstrates analytical thinking skills and is adaptive/flexible
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Advisory Services (AS) provides transaction support, bankruptcy and restructuring advisory, valuation, corporate finance advisory, litigation and dispute resolution consulting and forensic investigation services. AS provides strategic vision and training to Croweâ€™s Global Corporate Advisors (GCA), comprised of corporate finance professionals from independent Crowe Global member firms. AS team members collaborate with other Crowe practices on solutions for a broad range industries from financial institutions to manufacturing and beyond.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it's like to work at one of the â€œ50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates.â€ Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortuneâ€™s â€œTop 100 Best Companies to Work Forâ€ and among Fortuneâ€™s â€œ20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Servicesâ€. In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clientsâ€™ biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where theyâ€™re most productive â€“ whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere â€“ and wear jeans while theyâ€™re in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities â€“ such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes â€“ for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firmâ€™s 75th year, Crowe personnel are working toward a combined goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering, which theyâ€™re well on their way to achieving. In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.