POSITION SUMMARY: The Superintendent Trainee will participate in cross functional projects under the guidance of a designated mentor in an effort to develop people for management positions throughout the company. Participants will be involved in cross training activities to develop their vision and understanding of corporate and processing procedures and goals. This position is designed to cover for absences of other team members at the designated shift and location(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Coordinate projects as designated by mentor to increase understanding of company operations and corporate processes or to improve a process or procedure. May involve committee participation and exposure to areas outside of the processing production environment.
- Develop management skills through participation in educational opportunities such as seminars, Pilgrim’s Leadership Training Program and other ongoing training events.
- Develop understanding of financial & cost accounting reports and how areas may impact numbers positively or negatively and provide solutions.
- Fill in for supervisor and manager positions as needed for vacation or other absences.
- Expand knowledge of processes and procedures throughout plant operations.
EXPECTATIONS – all Team Members
- Observe & enforce all company personnel, quality, safety, and food safety policies.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with customers, clients, coworkers, and leadership teams.
- Participates in process improvement and problem solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies such as Six Sigma.
- Recognizes and acts on incidents and safety risks. Consistently practices, and enforces safe work habits and drives those habits throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business Management, Agriculture, or a related field required
- Ability to work across functions and build a team relationship with in the company
- Thorough understanding of Process Quality techniques (or training will be provided).
- Very good analytical and financial skills
- Very good project management skills
- Above average negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Please click on the link and follow the instruction below:
Click on the JBS “VIEW JOBS” – OPEN POSITIONS
Click on SELECT A LOCATION: PLAINWELL, MI
CLICK ON “SEARCH”
You will find ALL OPENINGS FOR PLAINWELL FACILITY.
Click on the POSITION you want to apply
CLICK ON APPLY