Provide direct hands-on care and assistance in daily living to individuals living within assigned homes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hands-on care and assistance to persons served including but not limited to mobility, lifting, transferring, bathing, personal hygiene and grooming, laundry, meal preparation and mealtime assistance.
- Assist persons served with activities in daily living including but not limited to household tasks, communication skills, and activities in the community.
- Assist in development of individuals' social and recreational interests and skills through appropriate modeling and supportive activities.
- Complete and document consumer's home-based programs as written by Community Mental Health (CMH) personnel.
- Provide care and complete duties in compliance with Adult Foster Care Licensing rules for the State of Michigan.
- Completion of 'in-home' training, including CMH required training.
- Pass medications in accordance with Person Centered Plan.
- Cooperate with other Center staff to assist in meeting the needs of individuals in the Center.
- Transport individuals and drive agency vehicle as needed; assure basic cleanliness and care of vehicle.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
- Attain and maintain all required certifications and training (i.e., CPR, First Aid, Blood borne Pathogens, etc.).
- Direct care experience in a mental health field or working with vulnerable adults preferred.