Project Engineer with Food Processing Experience, Zeeland, MI --
We are currently searching for a Project Engineer with Food Processing Experience to add to our Zeeland Engineering team. This is an internal, full time role.
- Lead a variety of project engineering, capital equipment, facilities, and continuous improvement projects for multiple customers in various industries.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate plant relocations and expansions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Design, Facilities, Manufacturing, Quality, Production, Maintenance, and Management personnel.
- Consistently track and communicate project status, critical path, changes, milestones, and stage gates through the utilization of Gantt charts, and other project tools.
- Identify and problem-solve gaps and delays at every phase and across multiple projects.
- Provide input on the selection of outside vendors to optimally meet cost, timing, and quality objectives.
- Utilize problem solving techniques to troubleshoot and resolve technical problems.
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (mechanical, manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred)
- 7 to 15 years + experience as a project engineer successfully leading teams of engineers and contractors in a food processing environment
- Experience with GMP’s, HACCP’s, OSHA, FDA, USDA general requirements
- Experience managing capital projects, working alongside construction and facilities teams
- Experience purchasing and justifying capital equipment
- Experience performing manufacturing cost calculations and managing cost reduction projects
- Strong technical, mathematical and analytical skills
- Competence in engineering design and 3D CAD
- Knowledge and application of quality management tools / statistical techniques
- Ability to use statistical and analysis tools such as Excel, FEA software, Minitab/Matlab
- Work with minimal direction, consult with customers, providing excellent leadership and communication
- Exceptional initiative and work ethic
- Be currently legally authorized to work in the United States of America for any employer without restrictions or expirations
- Experience with clean rooms
- Experience in pharmaceutical or chemical processing industries
DISHER is a nationally recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving in a variety of markets with capabilities spanning from napkin sketch through launch. DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The team is supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in our mission to make a positive difference with our coworkers, our customers, and our community. Hear more from DISHER team members at https://disher.com/about/?about=culture
Keywords: project engineer, food processing, capital projects, equipment, mechanical, manufacturing, industrial, pharmaceutical, pharmacy, facilities, clean room, 3D CAD