Cornerstone Staffing Solutions is looking for an experienced Radiographic Quality Inspector for our client, an industry leader in Metal Fabrication and CNC manufacturing services, to work 1st shift. This person must possess valid SNT-TC-1A Level 2 Certification in Radiographic Testing (within last 5 years). Pay will be based on experience.
This person will utilize a variety of technologies to inspect products and materials for structural flaws. This can include a wide range of techniques, including radiographic testing, ultrasonic testing, penetrant testing and electromagnetic testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
· Sets up and uses X-ray equipment to perform radiographic testing, working from technique sheets & or procedures.
· Maintains radiographic equipment and calibration requirements to ensure optimum performance.
· Supports the quality plan structure and ensures adherence and accuracy of the inspection points.
· Collaborates with Manufacturing Engineer/s to assess the critical product characteristics that will be measured
· Assists qualification of new products / launch activities
· Works closely with Quality Engineer/s to review and refine data collection requirements according to customer drawings, specifications, models, work orders, purchase orders, sketches and PPAP requirements
· Follows the customer / supplied technique sheets or determines number of views and correct angles at which radiographs of subject should be taken to produce satisfactory images, positioning parts, materials and equipment.
· Follows the customer / supplied technique sheets or determines exposure time, source-to-film distance, voltage and amperage, radiation intensity and/or shielding.
· Selects and loads photographic plates and intensifying screens and positions X-ray tube in appropriate position. Takes radiographic images of materials such as structural and functional units, welded structures and assemblies.
· Interprets radiographic images to detect and identify defects such as, cracks, blow holes, porosity, incomplete fusion, inclusions, segregation, cavities, under cuts, and draws. Stamps or otherwise approves acceptable items; rejects unacceptable items and prepares necessary documentation indicating reason for rejection. Contacts engineering, purchasing, and other affected departments to obtain or furnish information.
· Maintains a working knowledge of government MIL Specs, customer and industry standards and specifications (19207-12472301)
· Participate in process audits
· Participate in Corrective / Preventive Action teams to resolve customer, supplier and production concerns
· Participate in & initiate continual improvement activities
Knowledge and Ability Required:
Knowledge of industrial radiographic techniques and applicable inspection standards and procedures; of gamma ray and X-ray penetration characteristics of materials. Ability to set up and use X-ray equipment and related radiographic equipment; interpret radiographs to determine acceptability of parts and materials; use detail and assembly drawings, tool orders, prints, and sketches for reference purposes.