Cornerstone Staffing Solutions is looking for an experienced Mold Technician for our client, a Leading Manufacturing Facility in Clarkston, Michigan, to work on 2nd shift. This position requires working in a fast-paced, high volume injection molding environment on the production floor. Responsibilities will include troubleshooting injection molding issues, identifying opportunities for improvement, monitoring and adjusting processes and automation equipment, mold sampling, visual inspections, starting up and troubleshooting automated and assembly equipment, and training others on machines. Pay will be based on experience.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks, participate in continuous improvement and problem solving on injection molding and auxiliary machinery.
- Set molds, perform cold starts of injection molding machines and automation equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and attendance record.
- Troubleshoot injection molding issues, identify opportunities for improvement, monitor and adjust processes and automation equipment, mold sampling, visual inspections, starting up and troubleshooting automated and assembly equipment, and training others on machines.
- Reporting any process changes and documentation of machinery difficulties and maintenance.
- Evaluate tool designs to ensure process capabilities.
- Recognize the various types of cosmetic and dimensional defects and modifies the molding process within allowable limits to eliminate these defects.
- Willingness to work on any shift as needed.
5 years’ experience in molding and molding technician processing. Strongly prefer experience with various molding equipment (Vertical Rotary Engel 85-230 ton, Arburg 110-150 ton), hot runner systems in the automotive environment.
Understanding of troubleshoot processing issues and identify root causes.
Understand the established cosmetic and dimensional requirements for the part being produced.