Meadowlark Retirement Village
Status: Full Time Exempt
Shift: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm with weekend and on call responsibilities
Location: Meadowlark Retirement Village - Sparta, MI
Position Summary: The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop staff working with and elders at Meadowlark Retirement
Village in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our community, and
as will be overseen and directed by the Community Manger to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all
1. Directs the day-to-day operation of the Health Services Department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with
current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern adult foster care, and other applicable standards.
2. Facilitate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies that affect the health services department.
3. Performs administrative duties such as completing licensing forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
4. Facilitates in new staff orientation, performance evaluations and training and feedback.
5. Seeks to understand the social, psychological, and emotional needs of the elder and their families and interpret those needs to
Care Partners community resources as appropriate.
6. Provides leadership guidance and mentoring to direct reports and assists them whenever possible in their professional
7.Assists in the recruitment, selection, and employment of competent personnel and volunteers in accordance with corporate
8. Responsible for overseeing all training and orientation for new Care Partners to assure success and accuracy.
9. Performing corporate training as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Work Experience
- At least three years’ experience in a comparable position.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care
- Supervisory experience managing multiple people (required)