SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of an Accounting Clerk is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible to perform basic to semi-complex clerical accounting functions by applying and/or occasionally interpreting established work procedures in the assigned accounting area.
What You'll Do:
- Assists with account reconciliation and may be responsible for gathering and coordinating specific information. Becomes familiar with and learns to apply special procedures.
- Gathers information and learns payment processing methodology.
- Assist in researching accounting issues or errors and resolve as appropriate.
- Complete manual reports, review accounts and assist with accounting filing as requested or assigned.
- Provide timely and accurate customer service to internal and external customers; responds to issues and seeks advice or assistance for issues and questions as needed.
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Two (2) years general accounting clerk experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills and good organizational skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other desktop software
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.