Ascension Allegan Hospital seeks a Patient Care Assistant (PCA) to work part time (two 12 hour shifts per week including every third weekend and holidays as assigned) in our Acute Care Dept.
JOB DUTIES include, but may not be limited to:
- Provide direct care to the entire patient population served, which may include children, adolescents, adults, and geriatrics. Direct care includes meeting physical and emotional needs of all patients, family and significant others served.
- Unit-specific competencies will be achieved and maintained within a time frame as determined by the department Nurse Leader.
- Identify symptoms of alleged/suspected abuse/neglect and report findings to RN.
- Effectively documents, in written or electronic format, and/or communicates all information relevant to patient care.
- Answers patients' requests promptly and responds appropriately.
- Reports observations, assessments, and changes in condition, interventions and responses to intervention in a timely manner to the RN.
QUALIFICATIONS include, but may not be limited to:
- High School Diploma or GED
- CNA course required, certification preferred
- Medical terminology required or within 6 months of hire
- BLS required
- Ability to provide direct & indirect patient care & support to entire patient age population under the direction of a RN
- Effective communication skills, legible handwriting, reading & phone etiquette
- Positive, effective & collaborative interpersonal relationship skills
- Good prioritization & organizational skills, flexible & self-motivated
- Agreement to take Crisis Prevention & Intervention training within 3 months of hire
Ascension Allegan Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer