HTI Cybernetics® (HTI) is a full-service supplier of robust manufacturing solutions for industrial applications, delivering cost-effective quality solutions through the integration of people, technology and business systems.
Our diligent research, innovative development, and technical expertise allow us to continually improve our solutions and support our customers throughout the entire project lifecycle. We are currently searching for a dynamic, self-starting Controls Software Designer to support the Controls Engineering Department working on our GM Strategic Supplier Program to design and implement software required to support the development of new automotive products and enhance existing automotive products.
- Establish standards, templates, and guidelines using the information gathered in the definition stage in order to satisfy customer design criteria and preferences.
- Analyze and understand user requirements, procedures, and problems to develop automation systems control configuration.
- Develop functional specifications, coding strategy, logic, and control configuration structure.
- Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures and oversee all configuration and documentation.
- Participate in the development of Software/Electrical interface specifications.
- Develop tools and integration strategies to increase effectiveness and lower cost, investigate and suggest architecture and technology enhancements, assist in developing Controls specifications for projects.
- Manage technical solutions to minimize costs while maintaining reliability, provide industry specific application knowledge and direction.
- Review and coordinate flow of information among various groups and customers, and implement measures to resolve problems, ensure meeting schedule commitments and achieve customer satisfaction.
- May perform other duties and special projects as assigned by engineering manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Three plus (3+) years of PLC programming skills with Allen Bradley or Siemens S7 software.
- Ability to make small to large modifications to existing software.
- Three plus (3+) years of hardware and software troubleshooting, debugging or start up and commissioning skills.
- Experience working on Automotive Welding, Final Assembly or Robotic Work Cell lines is strongly desired; however related automotive, heavy truck and aerospace will be considered.
- Ability to travel as needed is desired.
Education and Experience
- An Associates or Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related subject is desired.
- GM certification for GCCS-2 and Ethernet Networking.
- Candidates with three plus (3+) years relevant experience with GM Controls projects will be considered in lieu of GM Certifications (GM certification courses are available for well qualified candidates
- GM Safety Lock-Out / Tag-Out is preferred, but training is available for well qualified candidates.
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position