Advanced Hardware Engineer in Zeeland, Michigan –
DISHER is currently looking for an Advanced Hardware Engineer with strong experience in hardware (and knowledge of software) development to add to our Zeeland Electronics Engineering team. This is an internal, full time role.
The DISHER Culture:
DISHER is truly and simply a cool place to work. The teams are supportive, skilled, and passionate. Our culture is rooted in innovation and our mission is to make a positive difference with our teammates, our customers, and our community. The work motto at DISHER tends to be “Work Hard - Play Hard.” The teams at DISHER are diligent with their projects and truly enjoy the company of their peers. Hear more from DISHER team members at disher.com/culture/
What you will get to do:
- Working in DISHER Electronics is about being on a project team with a vast array of technical engineers in the electronics arena. The huge variety of projects include multiple industries, technologies and customers.
- You get to work on projects from start to finish, being involved early on in prototyping / development phase and see it all the way through to production. Here you will be able to do it all; hardware, software, firmware, early and late stage development.
- You’ll get to be a pinch hitter, the go-to person for electronics design on a cross functional team.
- You’ll be in our culture of innovation and use/implement new technologies.
- Hardware Development:
- Circuit design, schematic capture, PCB layout, and components selection
- Derive worst case circuit analyses, mathematical modeling, thermal management and EMC performance studies
- Various hardware designs including: analog, digital, RF, Zigbee, IoT, cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Research, choose and connect various wireless technologies
- Software development knowledge desired
- Mentor newer engineers within DISHER
- Plan and pursue future projects in app development and prototyping
What will make you successful:
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics / Electrical, Computer Science or related field required
- 8 - 15 + years of electronics engineering experience including 2 - 8 + years of experience in hardware development
- Knowledge of C, C++, Java, Lua, Kotlin, Python or other languages desired
- Highly regulated industry experience such as automotive, medical, aerospace, or military preferred
- Strong desire to learn is essential
- Ability to travel to customer sites essential.
- Ability to revamp Nerf Guns with maximum power and to reload in a matter of seconds
- Ability to consult with customers on their work-site and have excellent communication skills
- Be a self-starter, who can pursue and fulfill responsibilities independently
- Innovative and adaptable work style to work in the abstract
- Must have current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship
DISHER is a nationally-recognized product development and business consulting firm with offices in Zeeland, Michigan and Indianapolis, Indiana. Our team is highly technical and diversified, serving the Mid-Western United States in a variety of markets including automotive to medical and everything in between. Our capabilities span from napkin sketch through launch, providing numerous opportunities for us to partner with clients in product and process development. DISHER also assists clients with business solutions and Talent identification and attraction. Check out more about what we do at disher.com/about
Keywords: Electronics Engineer, Design Engineering, hardware development, Agile / SCRUM, schematic design, PCB layout, C, C++, Java, Zigbee, IoT, cellular, Lua, Kotlin, Python, Wi-Fi, wireless, Bluetooth