Position: Foster Care Worker
Reports To: Foster Care Supervisor
Beginning Salary: $40,000.00 **Sign-on Bonus: CWTI trained candidates can earn $2,000 upon hire.**
Application Deadline: Until position is filled
D.A. Blodgett – St. John’s is a private non-sectarian agency that serves vulnerable children and families from the entire community. Our core objectives are to strengthen families, help children heal from abuse and neglect, provide homes and help kids thrive.
About this Opportunity:
As a Foster Care Worker at DABSJ, you will advocate for children in hopes of providing them with the safety that all children should have and deserve. By working with families, you will help to achieve a nurturing environment. You will have the opportunity to work with some wonderful people including your team of foster care staff, amazing foster parents who choose to help us with the work we do, and the families you serve.
Would you like to help us accomplish our mission as a Foster Care Case Manager?
Our ideal candidate will have a heart for providing outstanding foster care services. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a human services field is required. Flexibility in your schedule and reliability are crucial to this role. Must have a valid driver's license.
Offered benefits and more:
- Medical, Dental, Vision. Life Insurance, Paid Holidays Off, Paid Time Off, 403B.
- Sign-on bonus for CWTI Trained Applicants.
- Flexible Scheduling- Hybrid.
- Opportunity to learn and grow from working with a diverse population of children and families.
- Access to a robust training system.
- Reimbursement for trainings.
- Support from our robust EAP (emotional, organization skills, financial planning, etc.
- Work within an environment of creative problem solvers.
- Regular supervision.
- Working within a collaborative division with a wide variety of experience and knowledge.
- Work within a trauma informed environment supported by the Sanctuary Model (trauma informed organizational change model).
At DABSJ we are actively pursuing inclusion and diversity in our work. We do not discriminate. We are respectful of religious values. We do not create barriers to being mentors and foster or adoptive parenting solely on the basis of sexual orientation or family structure. D.A. Blodgett – St. Johns is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, or disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Multi-lingual skills are highly valued at DABSJ.
Applicants being considered for hire must pass a central registry clearance check and criminal background check to be eligible for employment. Applicants must also pass a drug test before beginning work. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration. Failure to pass the pre-employment test will disqualify the applicant from employment for a period of six months.