A brilliant little chef once said, “If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff”
Well, here at One Twenty Three Tavern, we only serve the good stuff. And we can’t do that without a team of hard-working, Servers who know what it takes to deliver prompt, friendly, and Celebrated service!
Our Servers, will work alongside our server assistants, bartenders, back of house and management staff to ensure an optimal dining experience at One Twenty Three, in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids!
One Twenty Three is a brand new, state-of-the-art facility with a full kitchen and bar adjacent to a brand new theater, below Studio C’s brand new music venue- Listening Room, and surrounded by multiple retail shops, an office building, hotel and residential housing.
If you know what it takes to deliver great service, and love people, food, and free movies (oh yeah, bonus perk for One Twenty Three staff!) then we encourage you to begin the next chapter in your story with us!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in setting up and maintaining dining areas
- Takes drink and food orders and accurately inputs into POS system
- Ensures the correct drinks and food ordered are delivered to the table/guest
- Handle all cash and credit card charges as prescribed by standard operating procedures
- Follows opening, closing and cleaning checklists on a daily basis
- Maintains displays of liquor and glasses on a daily basis
- Greet all guests in a friendly, positive manner
- Obtain orders from guests ensuring accuracy
- Anticipate and meet the needs and expectations of our guests, and be willing to go the extra mile
- Check section assignment and inspect section prior to lunch/dinner rush to ensure cleanliness for guests
- Roll lunch/dinner silverware (knife, fork)
- Ensure all guests have proper ID, are over 21 years of age, and that drinks are not served to intoxicated patrons
- Other duties as assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Certifications for Food Safety and alcohol management preferred
- Able to work within deadlines and under pressure
- Can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Friendly, outgoing, and a team player
- Guest service mentality
- Strong verbal communication and listening skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to be on your feet and active for 8 or more hours, climb stairs, lift up to
- 50lbs, and use basic cleaning equipment
- Must love people and food!
- Flexible Schedules
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learn Valuable Skills for ANY career
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, Life and Long Term Disability- if requirements are met
- Employee Assistance Program
- PTO and 401K- if requirements are met
- Free Movies and Discounted Concessions!
- A fun, friendly, and encouraging culture in an exciting industry with endless
- popcorn refills!
- Full time hours available