The Powertrain Design Release Engineer will be responsible for the lubrication system or cooling system on one major engine family, including components such as pickup tubes, oil pumps, piston squirters, oil filters, oil coolers, PCV system components, water pumps, thermostats, valves, and other related components. This is a key position within our Base Engine team. Activities include developing components, managing and directing changes, facilitating continuous improvement in system performance and fuel economy, and carrying out engineering root cause analyses and corrective actions when necessary. The Design Release Engineer will work closely with designers and CAE groups to develop and optimize designs. They will use the DFMEA to identify and rate risks and build a robust DVP&R to ensure testing is completed to reach reliability goals. They will initiate source packages, hold APQP meetings during the development phase, order prototype parts, carry out and monitor DV and PV testing, and participate in post-test reviews including failure analysis. The Design Release Engineer is involved in all aspects of product launch including component, system, engine, and vehicle testing, manufacturing reviews, development of service procedures, production launch, change management, and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering degree from an accredited university
• Minimum of 1 year of engineering experience
• Strong working knowledge of engine operation
• Knowledge of design tools and practices, e.g. CAD, CAE, CFD, FEA, GD&T
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects, and have a positive attitude
• Demonstrated ability to successfully accomplish tasks under minimal supervision
• Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Previous experience in development of automotive cooling or lubrication systems
• Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt certification
• Project Management experience or PMP certification
• Experience with manufacturing processes such as aluminum high pressure die casting, sand casting, plastic injection molding, machining, and assembly
• Experience with automotive vehicle, engine and component level testing
• Ability to speak Spanish
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.