Every space transformation should be tailored to your business needs, helping people do their best work, while optimizing real estate.
Haworth is more than an office furniture manufacturer. From floor to ceiling, and wall to wall, our mix of products offers you endless options for transforming your space as your needs evolve.
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a North America Safety and Health Manager ~ Holland, MI to join our team in Holland MI - Other Manufacturing.
As a North America Safety and Health Manager ~ Holland, MI, you will:
Be responsible to create three- to five-year strategic plans for safety and health function. Also, manage, develop, and implement, throughout North America, corporate-wide safety programs and processes to reduce losses associated with job-related injuries and workers’ compensation and to meet governmental regulations. Create metrics, analyze results, and review all injury reports to evaluate safety program effectiveness; redirects programs, based on results of injury and illness statistics. Consult globally on matters concerning industrial safety to ensure consistency of programs and compliance. Create, execute, and manage loss control programs for compliance recommendations of insurance and governmental regulations to ensure compliance standards are met. Conduct safety training activities and maintains records of training as necessary to meet regulations and ensure corporate growth. Provide technical support and input for safety systems and equipment safety buy-off to all levels of line management to ensure safety of equipment prior to release to manufacturing. Administer Haworth’s Safety Corrective Action Request (CAR) system to ensure implementation and closure of corrective actions.
Do you have these required qualifications?
* Bachelor’s degree in Health and Safety, Operations Management, Business, Supply Chain, Ergonomics or Engineering.
* 10 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, including 3 years in safety-focused role and 5 years in leadership role.
* Ability to regularly travel overnight away from corporate offices throughout United States about 50 percent of the time but up to 70 percent of time with occasional international travel.
* Ability to spend significant time on factory floor with exposure to heat, dust, noise, moisture, or other adverse conditions. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds and climb above or around equipment.
* Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Ability to work in Holland, MI.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
* Work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment; including multiple shifts, with product variation.
* Experience with REBA (Rapid Entire Body Assessment).
* OSHA certified preferred; if not certified, knowledge regarding OSHA regulations and safety plans.
* Experience mentoring and training others on safety policies and procedures and conducting safety trainings.
* Managing workers compensation claims.
* Conducting root cause analysis on injuries and near misses.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
* Ability to plan and organize, working from detailed and/or conceptual point of view, and communicate effectively at all organizational levels.
* PC and keyboard/mouse skills.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616)-393-1600.