Every space transformation should be tailored to your business needs, helping people do their best work, while optimizing real estate.
Haworth is more than an office furniture manufacturer. From floor to ceiling, and wall to wall, our mix of products offers you endless options for transforming your space as your needs evolve.
When you feel connected to your work, you feel more engaged. At Haworth, you can pursue a career that offers you ample opportunity to build your portfolio and expand your skillset in an exciting and inclusive environment. Join a company that values innovation, inspiration, and you!
HAWORTH is a global leader in office furniture and architectural interiors. As a valued member of our family, you can make your mark on the world and reach your full potential within a culture of connectivity.
We are currently looking for a Senior Operations Manager ~ Holland, MI to join our team in Holland MI - Other Manufacturing.
As a Senior Operations Manager ~ Holland, MI, you will:
Be responsible for achieving targeted objectives for safety, quality, schedule, and cost initiatives, using lean manufacturing concepts and Haworth leadership principles. Manage process in which operations members are charged with primary quality responsibility, implement effective operator control systems, monitor scrap and rework expenses, and initiate corrective actions to achieve conformance to lead fulfillment of quality objectives and ensure compliance to International Organization of Standardization (ISO) 9000 standards. Achieve schedule completion consistent with customer demands and expectations. Develop and manage annual labor and overhead budget by flexing budget to meet manufacturing demands. Interact with appropriate support groups; innovate and implement improvements to planning, methods, products, processes, and work habits to increase efficiency and productivity, resulting in cost savings consistent with Haworth business plans. May lead cross-functional committees to develop same. Promote and lead Haworth Management System (HMS) process to improve overall effectiveness of operation. Provide team and member goals, direction, training, support, feedback, and recognition to improve both team and member performance.
Do you have these required qualifications?
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, Management, or Communications. 8 years leadership/management experience, including 4 years experience in operations environment with 2 years production supervision experience.
* If no degree, 16 years of leadership/management experience, including 4 years experience in operations environment with 2 years production supervision experience.
* Ability to climb/bend/move in manufacturing environment and spend significant time on shop floor, climbing above floor level and around or over equipment, walking on screen guards, and working in awkward areas of manufacturing environment.
* Current and continuing right to work in the United States without sponsorship.
* Ability to work in Holland, MI without relocation assistance.
Do you have these preferred qualifications?
* Leading lean manufacturing/continuous improvement projects.
* Knowledge of ISO 9000 certified quality control systems, Statistical Process Control (SPC), and materials management techniques.
* Experience with manufacturing materials, metal fabrication, or other process manufacturing.
* Managing and leading groups of 100 or more.
* SAP experience.
Ideally, you have also demonstrated the following:
* Interpersonal communication skills.
* Passion for excellence; always looks for improvement.
* Knowledge of team organizational structure and leadership principles.
At Haworth, we have a strong set of values that guide our business and help us align with our customers.
We listen to our Customers. We rely on our Members. We honor Integrity. We embrace Continuous Learning. We lead with Design. We create Value. We work to make the World better.
Join the Haworth family. Apply for this job, or learn more about the many possibilities at Haworth, at www.Haworth.com/Careers.
It is the policy of Haworth to comply with all applicable state, provincial, and federal laws prohibiting discrimination in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected genetic information, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, disability, marital status, veteran status, religion, height, weight, or any other protected classification.
Haworth’s AAP programs are available for applicant review. Requests can be made to your Recruiter to review during regular business hours.
This organization participates in E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team at email@example.com or (616)-393-1600.