SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor — supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States — as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Grandville.
A day in the life of a Barista is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to provide courteous and friendly customer service while maintaining department standards.
What You’ll Do:
* Brew, mix, blend beverages and prepare food items according to standards and procedures.
* Have familiarity with all products carried in the department; know differences in price, taste, preparation, use etc.
* Order and maintain inventory control to ensure freshness, product quality and turnover.
* Maintain a clean, attractive and well stocked department.
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
* High School Diploma (Preferred) or GED
* One (1) year of retail experience preferred
* Good oral communication skills to effectively engage with customers
* Ability to read, write, comprehend and interpret documents
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.