U.P. Plumbers, Pipefitters & HVACR, Local 111 is accepting applications for the HVACR Apprenticeship Program. Looking for dependable, team-oriented workers who are dedicated to learn the Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration trade while creating a safe work environment. Candidates must be willing to travel away from home for extended periods for work, attend mandatory classes (216 hours per year), work varying shifts, including overtime and a schedule that may include weekends and holidays.
Requirements for application submission at Upper Peninsula Michigan Works Service Centers:
* Must be at least 17 years of age
* Complete Apprenticeship Application Form (Must be entirely completed, any missing information and/or signatures will disqualify application)
* Provide Birth Certificate or other such documentation for proof of age
* Provide High School Diploma AND TRANSCRIPT or High School Equivalency (GED) Certificate AND OFFICIAL GED TEST RESULTS (Documents must provide proof of High School graduation).
* Applicants shall provide qualifying test scores for the following tests:
* Work Keys Graphic Literacy
* Work Keys Workplace Documents
* Work Keys Applied Mathematics
Applicants must achieve a combined average level of 5.33 along with a combined average score of eighty percent (80%) correct on all three (3) exams in order to be scheduled for an interview. The applicant will bear the cost of the ACT Work Keys tests at a cost of $24.00.
* Applicants must have a two (2) year Associate’s Degree or current Certificate in HVACR from an accredited College or Technical School. (Must provide Transcripts).
* Applicants must have a CFC Certificate to work with refrigerant.
* Applicant must have the ability to pass a background check and drug/alcohol screening.
* Applicant must show proof of a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record with no drug/alcohol related incidents in the past seven (7) years.
* Provide Military transfer or discharge Form DD-214, if applicable
* Provide Social Security Card