Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems
Location: Northeast Ohio/Southeastern Michigan (Detroit Area)
Job Title: Area Manager
Reports to: Sales Manager, Cold Materials and Container
Type of position:
The Area Manager will be responsible for capital equipment sales in the automotive industry. The Area Manager has responsibilities throughout the United States territory.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sell new systems and parts at a level equal to or greater than sales budget
2. Identify and investigate high value, new equipment applications, or new market opportunities
3. Oversee details of sales order to customer
4. Service existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing the daily work schedule
5. Submit activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses
6. Monitor competition by gathering current market information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT
Associate’s degree in business, engineering or marketing, Bachelor’s degree preferred; and 3 - 5 years successful industrial sales, experience in the automotive industry is preferred. Travel time for the position is 50% domestic.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability to establish and maintain high level relationships with end customers
2. Ability to identify projects and developing strategies to get our equipment sourced at each plant location
3. Knowledge of automated manufacturing processes
4. Sales skills including territory planning, prospecting, negotiating, presentations, handling objections, closing and follow-up
5. Knowledge of competitor's equipment, prices, policies, procedures, features and benefits is preferred
6. Strong technical communication skills are preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Field position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.