At SpartanNash, "we deliver what our guests want, when they want it – fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. That’s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located at Forest Hills Foods.
A day in the life of a Pharmacy Technician is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to perform with accuracy and efficiency assistance to licensed pharmacist by providing medication and other healthcare products to patients. Assist with preparing prescribed medication to patients by counting tablets, labeling bottles, stocking products, providing customer service, utilizing the computer systems to maintain patient profiles and insurance claims, and checking out patients that ensures that the shift contributes to the financial interest of the store. Complete all other duties as assigned in a timely manner.
What You’ll Do:
* Stock and take inventory of medications (prescription and over the counter)
* Notify Pharmacy Manager of supplies/products that need to be ordered
* Receive prescriptions/refills from patients
* Retrieve, count, pour, weigh, package and babel products
* Accurately operate cash register, display cost of customer purchase, make change, cash checks, and issue receipt
* Have familiarity with all products carried in the department
* Abide by HIPPA and all legal policies and procedures
Sound Like You? Here’s what you’ll need:
* One (1) year prior customer service-oriented pharmacy related experience preferred Must have the state appropriate registration or certification.
* Ability to read, write, comprehend, and interpret documents
* Basic mathematical skills
* Suggestive Selling/Knowledge of Products
* High School Diploma (Preferred) or Equivalent (GED)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.