A pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, TRC is a global consulting, engineering and construction management firm that provides technology-enabled solutions to the power, oil and gas, environmental and infrastructure markets. We serve a broad range of public and private clients, steering complex projects from concept to completion to help solve the toughest challenges.
TRC's vision is to solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live -- community by community and project by project. We value Safety, Quality, Integrity, Creativity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Passion.
Position: We currently have an opportunity for a Hydrogeologist/Environmental Scientist/Project Manager to join our growing Engineering, Construction and Remediation Practice in Ann Arbor, MI. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual looking for career growth and have 8-12 years of environmental due diligence, contaminant investigation, and hydrogeology consulting experience. TRC's Ann Arbor office is a vibrant, dynamic, solution-driven and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in an office that thrives on team-work.
Our Hydrogeologists/Environmental Scientists/Project Managers:
• Demonstrate excellence and efficiency in writing, communication, data analysis, professional judgment, and knowledge of scientific principles.
• Coordinate and lead investigation field work for a variety of media and pathways, including soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, and vapor intrusion.
• Prepare, implement, and oversee remedial investigation and response action work plans.
• Manage scope, schedule, and budget for assigned projects.
• Interface with clients and work with client service manages and account leads in securing and growing new and flow business.
• Have a strong sense of responsibility and work ethic.
• Mentor junior staff.
• Demonstrate strong quality assurance/quality control skills to perform technical, style and consistency reviews.
• Manage time effectively and balance multiple fast-paced project assignments.
• Understand standards, regulations, and guidance that apply to environmental due diligence.
• Prioritize safety and have working knowledge of industry health and safety practices.
• Are conversant with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Project.
Requirements and Necessary Skills: In addition to experience and skills in the areas listed above, the successful candidate shall possess the following attributes:
• S. or B.A. in environmental science, geology, or engineering. M.S. or M.A. degree highly preferred.
• Minimum 8 years of environmental due diligence, contaminant investigation, and hydrogeology consulting experience. 10+ years preferred.
• The preferred candidate will possess excellent communication and writing skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines for multiple clients and project managers.
• Candidate is expected to possess solid technical and problem solving skills.
• Technical proficiency in preparation of Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs), Phase II ESA Work Plans, BEAs, and Due Care Plans.
• Technical proficiency in evaluating and reporting groundwater monitoring data in accordance with Michigan's Part 115/Subtitle D and Part 201 program requirements.
• Experience with in situ and ex situ methods of soil and groundwater remediation primarily targeting chlorinated VOCs.
• Understanding of the RCRA Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) rules and monitoring requirements for landfills and surface impoundments.
• Vapor intrusion, soil gas, and indoor air investigation experience preferred.
• Understanding of the sampling and analytical means and methods associated with PFAS compounds.
• Exposure to environmental consulting work in other Midwest states.
• 40-hr HAZWOPER certification and an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course.
• 10-hr Construction certification is a plus.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at .
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled