The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, repair, maintain and install production and packaging line equipment and machinery, as well to troubleshoot building maintenance issues, perform preventative maintenance, repairs and installations to modify the facilities, infrastructure, out-buildings and its grounds according to a set schedule and in emergency and non- emergency situations, observing all safety regulations and ensuring all GMP and quality standards are met to maintain the efficient flow of the production process.
· Obtain work schedule and daily production paperwork and prepare for operations.
· Perform a safety check on equipment to be used in the daily operations and ensure that all safety devices are functioning properly.
· Check work orders, prioritize maintenance requests, troubleshoot repairs, prepare a plan and coordinate with co-workers / supervisor.
· Replace, repair, maintain and install production and packaging line equipment and machinery as needed.
· Read work orders, blueprints, drawings and plans, perform installations, fabrications, weld, cut, grind, perform other machining tasks and maintain the maintenance log book as required.
· Inspect work and work area, perform clean-up using proper tools and equipment and according to approved methods and procedures.
· Check work orders, prioritize requisitions for building repairs, hardware, materials and supplies, verify orders and check inventory,
· Troubleshoot building maintenance issues; perform preventative maintenance, repairs and installations to modify the facilities, infrastructure, out-buildings and its grounds and special projects as assigned.
· Assist with monitoring /maintenance of energy sources, refrigeration, coolers, air compressors, HVAC systems and apparatus.
· Perform general carpentry, plumbing, masonry and scheduled maintenance on the buildings, equipment and grounds as required.
· Build, replace, repair, weld, modify, adjust, install and clean existing plumbing, masonry, doors, dry wall, windows, vents, drains, roofs, flooring, loading docks, restrooms, paint walls, ceilings, pipes, floors, machinery, motors, doors and building exteriors as necessary.
· At end of shift, perform general housekeeping and clean-up as required.
· All employees of Garden Fresh have the responsibility to report food safety and quality problems immediately to Management or Quality
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must have skills recognized by management as essential to the maintenance organization generally supported by training, certificate of continuing education, or other documented evidence of keeping current with technologies, electrical and PLC skills preferred.
· Must have (2-3) yrs. experience in the maintenance field and demonstrated skill levels to perform essential functions of the job.
· Must have good computer and math skills and the ability to learn the JD Edwards system as required.
· Must complete Forklift, LOTO, Confined Space, Fall Protection and Chemical Training and obtain certification as required.
· Must know SDS information regarding all materials used within the scope of the work.
· High School Diploma or proof of GED equivalent required.
· Mechanical Certifications
· Must be able to stand and walk for periods of time
· Must be able to climb steps / stairs / ladders
· Must be able to work in small spaces
HOURS & WORKDAY:
2nd shift. Monday-Thursday and Overtime as needed.