The Workforce Development/Data Specialist is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of customer files, specialized Excel reports, mailings, contracts and related correspondence for the unit. This includes establishing and maintaining tracking and filing systems, checking and processing Federal, State, and local funding source forms and official documents of records and accurate typing of letters, job listings, case management notes, trackers, On-The-Job Training Contracts, computer reports and memorandums. Additional duties include storage and record retention of program files according to the Policy. Other duties may involve training assigned staff in new or expanded programmatic computerized data entry and work procedures. Additional duties involve the utilization of computerized word processing equipment and software on personal computers and, as assigned, with program funding source contacts to resolve Management Information System (MIS) problems and printing problems. Duties include maintenance of hard-copy documentation of various logs, verifications, and computerized reports. Other duties may include reception of guests, customers, and clients; answering telephones, taking messages, and assisting in the development of procedures for secretarial office function and making recommendations to supervision for staff training, as needed within all One Stop Programs for the organization and efficient operation of the office.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Enters data information into the SEMCA OSMIS system for customer activities and supportive services utilizing computerized word processing equipment and computer-based MIS programs for customer activity tracking.
- Utilizes various computerized programs to create reports and mailings to customers.
- Opens, organizes, updates, and maintains customer files according to state and federal guidelines. Prepares copies of documents of files for SEMCA routing. Assists with preparation for monitoring visits.
- Types, processes, copies and maintains Purchase Orders.
- Responsible for in-house tracking reports for Workforce Development Programs’ customer activities.
- Types OJT Contracts, Sub-Modifications, OJT Vouchers, Performance Evaluations, etc. Prepares files for all OJT Vouchers for employers.
- Cross trained for processing files and paperwork for Workforce Development Programs and other special initiative programs functions.
- Assists with customer follow-up and customer events as needed
- Maintains all customer file records including OJTs, PWEs and eligibility documents insuring files are maintained according to guidelines.
- Types letters, memos, applications, reports, statistical data, grants, bid specifications, job orders, weekly listings, purchase orders, routine office correspondence, and contracts for specific units.
- May train clerical staff, as needed. Responsible for data entry, reports, contracts, vouchers, etc. for the Workforce Development Programs.
- Checks and verifies for completeness and accuracy, all State and internal agency-required forms and documents. Responsibilities also include processing and filing of information utilizing specific complex distribution procedures to ensure accuracy and timeliness of crucial Federal, State, and local documents.
- Prepares and maintains unit files in correct alphabetical or numerical sequence to ensure easy accessibility. Organizes and maintains files and ensures a smooth paper flow of all correspondence for Workforce Development programs. Organizes and maintains a smooth operation of paper flow into and out of the unit, including managing the necessary reproduction and/or mailing for distribution of paper flow and materials, as assigned, including mass mailings. This includes customer Sign-In Sheets, correspondence, and reports
- Reads and understands the Programs’ Management Information Guide and Policy Issuances.
- Operates various office machines; including facsimile, computer, scanner, telephone system, etc.
- Maintains updated statistical data for unit performance reports; generates various reports as needed.
- Organizes and maintains files and paper flow of correspondence in the Workforce Development Unit for the COO/DCC Programs.