Metal Flow is actively looking for dedicated individuals with excellent problem solving skills to apply for a position as a Quality Engineer. Successful candidates should have strong organization and communication abilities, and should be capable of performing root-cause analysis and guiding teams through the 8D process. Individuals applying for this role should be energized by a fast-paced automotive environment while able to maintain attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment to driving and following processes.The primarily responsibilities of a Quality Engineer are:
- An understanding of the deep draw and precision metal stamping process and/or a willingness to learn and grow in understanding of the metal forming process.
- Acting as a liaison between Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing, and the customer to facilitate effective problem solving and corrective action activities.
- Participating in containment activities when needed.
- Facilitating and mentoring team members throughout the organization in aggressive root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Implementing problem solving systems such as fish-bone and 5-why strategies and data collection systems and tools such as SPC and Gage R&Rs.
- Conducting follow-up audits to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Interacting with customers – receiving and responding to their concerns as well as managing the 8D corrective action process.
- Traveling to customers’ facilities to represent Metal Flow as needed.
Job Requirements Include:
- Education: 4 year technical degree preferred.
- Training and/or Skills: Computer operation, Leadership, Excellent written and oral communication. Problem solving, in-depth knowledge of APQP, FMEAs, SPC, 8Ds, 5 whys, and fishbone tools, as well as effective containment activities.
- Experience: 5-10 years of on the job experience preferred – Experience in the automotive industry (especially in metal forming, stamping, and/or deep draw) is greatly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time