Operate computer numerical controlled machine tools. Loads parts in machine, cycles machine, measures machined output using dial calipers, micrometers and other measuring instruments. Calculates and enters cutting tool off-sets into machine control as required. Able to change and re-zero worn cutting tools and drill bits as needed. Select proper program from machine control and ensure proper tooling installed as directed by setup sheets. Detects malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Able to read and interpret blueprints to ensure product produced meets dimensions and tolerances. Run production lots, communicate with co-workers and supervisor(s) regarding productions runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
- Perform typical machine shop operations.
- Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to management or designee.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition
- Follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited to, the following tasks: turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring, and sanding.
- Perform inspection of machined products (including documentation of results).
- Accurately complete and maintain required shop floor paperwork.
- Participate in all company training sessions.
- Assist in other work areas as needed.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
This is a 2nd shift position, 4pm to 3:30am, Monday through Friday.