A very well-known company in Kentwood, MI is looking for a reliable and energetic electrical final employee to connect electrical wires in test chambers.
This position interconnects wired electrical panels to the environmental test chamber through following electrical schematics/blueprints/mechanical engineering drawings. The position also wires the components to the power panel. Understand and application of J-Boxes is a requirement of this position.
- Cuts different gauge wires in pre-determined lengths
- Cuts interconnect in pre-determined lengths
- Checks in parts received from stockroom against pick list to verify part numbers and quantities
- Drills out J-Boxes
- Reads and understands blue prints/specs/electrical schematics
- Reads and understands parts list
- Reads and understands cut list
- Wires switches
- Lays out J-Boxes and wire panels
- Mostly standing work. Continuously lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds. Frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. Occasionally lifting and carrying up to 100 lbs. (Lifting more than 50 lbs overhead must be performed by using mechanical aids; if mechanical aids are not available, the lift will be performed by two employees in a team lift.) Detailed work with hands; fine work and simple grasping. Position may involve bending, squatting, climbing, reaching, and kneeling with occasional crawling and twisting. Periodic travel may be involved. As needed, will work at a desk and a computer screen for extended periods of time. Must be able to manually enter data to the computer system and understand the screen and images that appear.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour