We are innovative leaders, unleashing the power of silicon to benefit everyone, everywhere.
From our pioneering role in the development and commercialization of silicones, Dow Corning has grown to become a global leader in silicon-based technology and innovation.
Today, we develop performance-enhancing materials and solutions for virtually every industry in the world - from the green industries of solar and wind to electronics, personal care, textiles, construction, and automotive - and improve the daily lives of billions of people worldwide.
We're proud of what we make, and the safe, environmentally responsible way we make it.
Do what you love. Love what you do ... at Dow Corning.
From day one, you will be a valued member of our team, working with people from every country, culture and walk of life in a friendly, welcoming, and empowering environment. You supply the ambition and innovation. We'll supply the opportunity.
Our Total Compensation programs recognize and reward you for the skills and value you contribute to the success of our company. We've made it our mission to create a culture that helps you maintain a healthy, well-balanced work-life style.
At Dow Corning, your future isn't predetermined by us ... it's invented by you!
Dow Corning is seeking a talented and energetic Database Administrator (DBA) to join our Global Enterprise Systems team. This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity, reliability, security, and performance of enterprise databases. The DBA participates on cross-functional project teams and supports application development and support teams along with various reporting and analysis roles in producing accurate and timely information to assist in business operations. The successful DBA candidate will also have the disciplines for database design and administering structural promotion of database objects and information between development, staging, and production environments.
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and 2008 R2
- Strong technical knowledge of Oracle 11g on RHEL and Sun Solaris
- Demonstrate knowledge of backups, restores, recoveries, high availability, and disaster recovery scenarios
- Experience with High Availability database concepts including Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Server Replication, and Oracle ASM & RAC
- Ability to resolve connectivity and security issues
- Experience resolving performance issues and tuning SQL queries for best performance and resource utilization
- Experience producing, refining, and applying database standards and best practices for administration, security, design, maintenance, and day-to-day operations
- Proficient with Entity Relationship (ER) data modeling and normalization
- Experience with DTS, SSIS, PL/SQL, or similar ETL tools
- Must have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required to resolve complex issues
- An aptitude for learning new technologies and technique quickly and for maintaining that knowledge in an ever changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 3+ years experience as a DBA
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
We offer a competitive compensation based on skill and experience as well as a flexible benefits package.
Dow Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.