An innovative and rapidly growing financial firm providing working capital to small and medium sized businesses nationwide, is seeking an Underwriter. This individual will be responsible for evaluating new merchants' credit worthiness and business stability to determine if they qualify for our various financing and working capital programs. This is strictly Business-to-Business.
We are looking for someone that fits our work hard/play hard environment and has genuine interest in helping small businesses.
THIS IS NOT MEDICAL, INSURANCE, OR MORTGAGE UNDERWRITING
- Underwriting/Analyst experience and working for a bank a definite plus.
- Experience in small business financing arena is helpful.
- Familiarity with personal credit reports and UCC searches.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an extrovert type personality.
- Experience working in a high pressured environment, working to deadlines, and using own initiative.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with management, sales and business owners.
Bachelor Degree is REQUIRED.
- Coordinate the underwriting of new merchant applications.
- Review credit reports and background reports to determine degree of risk involved with providing merchant cash advance.
- Analyze bank statements, merchant processing statements and all financial information.
- Conduct interview with potential business merchant, while communicating clearly and effectively.
- Approve or decline merchant candidates according to specific criteria and stipulations.
- Document paperwork and communicate information to inside funding representatives.
What We Can Offer You...
- Salary commensurate with experience (Salary ranges from $36,000 to $42,000 based on experience)
- Paid Vacation days, Paid Sick days and Paid Holidays
- Major medical insurance plan with dental and vision benefits