Special Education Tutor
1. Reviews and/or administers diagnostic tests to determine the student's current academic functioning level. Develops and implements an individual treatment program, which includes time specific, measurable goals, for those students needing academic/tutorial intervention.
2. Provides appropriate individual and group academic support (i.e. development of study skills, test taking, classroom management skills, organizational skills, identification of compensatory strategies) and tutoring/instruction in specific subjects.
3. Acts as educational advocate and resource to the Program Managers and Transitional Education Specialist by making appropriate referrals and recommendations for follow-up services and the development of classroom strategies to ensure carry-over of new skills. Supports school transition plan as appropriate.
4. Participates in the After School Program (Skills for Life Program) and the Discover! Summer Program as appropriate or assigned. Consults on all academic issues for all school age clients within STRS as requested.
5. Prepares written documentation as required by the program, such as daily contact notes, evaluation and progress reports, discharge summaries, follow-up reports, etc.