Parts Person – $10.00 - $14.00hr. - Must have some knowledge of Automotive Parts, Good people skills, some computer skills, will be dealing with people coming in to get parts, LP gas, etc.
Ot their tasks that may be assigned:
- Receive and fill telephone orders for parts. Will be filling LP Gas and making hoses also.
- Fill customer orders from stock and research parts needed for jobs and write orders up daily for customers and jobs.
- Receive payment and run credit cards from walk in customers.
- Prepare sales slips.
- Determine replacement parts required, according to inspections of old parts, customer requests, or customers' descriptions of malfunctions.
- Assist customers, such as updating them about back-ordered parts.
- Mark and store parts in stockrooms according to prearranged systems.
- Discuss use and features of various parts, based on knowledge of machines or equipment.
- Examine returned parts for defects, and exchange defective parts or refund money.
- Maintain and clean work and inventory areas.
- Advise customers on substitution or modification of parts when identical replacements are not available.
- Demonstrate equipment to customers and explain functioning of equipment.