Little Blessings Daycare is looking for an Child Care Provider. This person MUST have a love of children, be organized with the ability to multitask. The right candidadte will have a some early childhood education or 2 years of child care experience. Candidate must also be up to date on all immunizations. All offers of employment are contingent upon ability to pass all pre-employment screenings. Candidate must also have reliable transportation.
Child Care Provider will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Dress children and change diapers.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- Sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Keep records on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered.
- Support children's emotional and social development, encouraging understanding of others and positive self-concepts.
- Identify signs of emotional or developmental problems in children and bring them to parents' or guardians' attention.
- Assist in preparing food and serving meals and refreshments to children.
- Instruct children in health and personal habits, such as eating, resting, and toilet habits.
- Create developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
- Read to children and teach them simple painting, drawing, handicrafts, and songs.
- Discipline children and recommend or initiate other measures to control behavior, such as caring for own clothing and picking up toys and books.
- Regulate children's rest periods.
- Perform general administrative tasks, such as taking attendance, editing internal paperwork, and making phone calls.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as laundry, cleaning, dish washing, and changing of linens.
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas.
- Organize and participate in recreational activities and outings, such as games and field trips.
- Provide care for mentally disturbed, delinquent, or handicapped children.
- Operate in-house day-care centers within businesses.
- Help children with homework and school work.
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas.
Candidate should also be able to lift, bend, stoop, and twist while holding 50lbs.