Under the limited direction of the attending physician or designee, obtains and records patient medical history; performs physical examinations; orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans.Prepares, develops and initiates treatment plan in consultation with attending physician; performs routine invasive procedures; performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.Educates and counsels patient and family members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery, and other related areas.Participates in the management of patient's care, determining need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care.Minimum Requirements
1. Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited program for Physician Assistants, or the equivalent combination of education and experience, including approximately one year (2000 hours) of clinical internship.
2. Certification from the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants, preferred.
3. License as a Physician Assistant by the state of Michigan.
4. Following successful selection/placement into the job, six to twelve months on the job training to perform specialty procedures and responsibilities.
5. Eligible to secure a DEA license upon hire as required by the particular position assignment at the Detroit Medical Center.
6. Eligible for approval of privileges to practice within the Detroit Medical Center as an Allied Health Professional through the Detroit Medical Center Medical Staff Organization.
Ensure that you meet all minimum requirements, and that they are reflected on your on-line application/resume
Contact Type: WEB
Web URL: http://www.americasjobexchange.com/job-detail/Phys-Asst-Medical-years-Cardiology-Experience-MI-AJE-559902356?r=0&source=michigan