Battery Controls Engineer Electronics Engineer, Hybrid Vehicle Team - 2896BR
At Ford Motor Company, we are dedicated to designing, manufacturing and selling high quality vehicles that meet the diverse needs of our customers. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success. Come discover a company that is focused on the quality of our vehicles, the environment, the community and the world in which we live.
* Work with Battery Controls engineers in the development the requirements for the HV Battery H/W.
* Lead the development of the HV Battery Electronics system architecture with the supplier.
* Responsible for leading the design and development HV Battery Electronics. Conduct failure mode analysis of the various hardware features and failure mode management strategies.
* Review supplier analysis of hardware design, including WCCA Coordinate with electronic/EMC specialists and complete development and validation of the electronic circuit development.
* Coordinate and conduct design verification testing at electronics and vehicle level.
* B.S. or higher in Electrical/Electronics Engineering with specialty in circuit design and Control Theory
* Experience in Li-Ion cell balancing technology.
* At least two years of hands-on experience with Automotive Electrical/Electronics Module design and testing.
* Good working knowledge of Microprocessor based controller design and testing.
* Good working knowledge of communication circuits and protocols (e.g. CAN, Serial, etc.)
* Electronic manufacturing experience is a plus.
* Excellent teamwork and communication skills
* Self motivated with the ability to manage multiple tasks
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We have a commitment to our products and customers, but also know that our employees are the driving force behind our success. Find out what it is like to love your job. Come discover a Company that is focused on designing better cars, but also cares about you, your family and your community. By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.