Assist in the maintenance and repair of equipment and systems throughout the plant to ensure the highest possible operational availability possible.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (What do you have to be able to do to achieve the desired results of the job?)
- Follow instructions of the Maintenance Manager.
- Follow safe practices in job performance.
- Use a variety of tools or equipment, measuring devices, power tools and testing equipment.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks.
- Determine types of equipment, tools or materials needed for jobs.
- Communicate with coworkers to coordinate installations or repairs.
- Ability to trouble shoot and program PLC machinery.
- Fabricating-welding, cutting torch, plasma cutter.
- General knowledge of 480V-trouble shooting.
- Power transmission knowledge-bearings, shafts and sprockets-trouble shooting.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Follow the 5S program to ensure areas are organized and cleaned.
- Understand and support the ISO 9001/ISO 14001 Integrated Management System.
- Follow the operational practices as defined by the Work Instructions for this job.
- Team player philosophy required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (What is required to perform the Essential Duties?)
- Wear Common Protective or Safety Equipment.
- Face to Face Discussions.
- Pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work Over Time or Evenings if required.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Ability to work cooperatively with fellow workers.
- Must be a team player with excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- EDUCATION: Post-secondary certificate preferred (Journeyman or above), High School Diploma.
- TRAINING: Previous work-related skills with 3 – 4 years’ experience. 2 years minimum training involving both on-the-job experience and informal training with experienced workers. A recognized apprenticeship program or a license.
- Milling and lathing experience a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMAND: (Estimated percentage of time spent on each responsibility)
O (Occasionally) -Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0-2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) -Occupation requires this activity from 33%- 66% of the time (2.5-5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) -Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
- (C) Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- (F) Sounds and noise levels may be distraction or uncomfortable.
- (F) Handling and moving objects – using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning and moving materials and manipulating things.
- (F) Working in hot or cold conditions.
- (F) Ability to work at different heights to perform installations.
- (F) Over Time and evenings when required.