Applications Engineer job opening in Detroit. A manufacturer of automotive components is currently seeking applicants for an Applications Engineer job opening in Detroit. Our automotive recruiters are seeking consultative, engaging technical professionals for this applications engineer job opening in the greater Detroit area. This job offers competitive compensation as well as benefits.
Detroit Applications Engineer Overview:
The Detroit Applications Engineer will provide technical support to customers as well as offer products to provide solutions to customer problems. The Applications Engineer will identify customer needs and present customers with products which fulfill that need. The Application Engineer will also assist sales colleagues in answering technical queries. The Detroit Applications Engineer will also assist in investigating quality complaints for customers.
Detroit Applications Engineer Job Opening
- The Detroit Applications Engineer will identify areas where customers need applications.
- Provide assistance to sales staff in fielding technical queries.
- Represent the company and product line at trade shows, conferences, and other events as assigned.
- The Detroit Applications Engineer will keep in regular contact with customers to understand the organization’s needs and changes.
- Lead simple investigations independently.
- For larger investigations, partner with engineers and customer.
- The Detroit Applications Engineer is responsibly to properly maintain all equipment and keep the lab clear and clean.
- Collect data to investigate quality issues.
- Deploy containment measures to avoid further ramifications of quality problems.
- Provide quality engineers with details to assist with the investigation.
- Deliver all quality investigation results to the customer.
- Meet regularly with senior engineers to share information.
- Perform other duties as necessary and directed.
Applications Engineer (Detroit Area) Job Requirements:
- A four year degree in mechanical engineering or business from an accredited institution.
- At least five year in an engineering or product development role in the automotive industry.
- An understanding of compression molding would be preferable.
- Able to read, understand, and interpret technical documents, blue prints, and other information.
- Able to describe information to less technical users.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and 3D modeling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to build and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Experience designing products from a variety of materials.
- Able to work independently with little direction while also comfortable in a collaborative situation.
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage several projects at a time.