BUS DRIVER - 33hrs Per Week
School year, student attendance days. Approx. 0.83FTE, 33 hrs/week. Ability to pick up extra hours. Benefit package: retirement package & paid holidays. Paid training and endorsement costs covered by the district. $15.87/HOUR.
M-F Mornings 5:45AM - 9:20AM
& Afternoons 2:15PM - 5:20PM
BUS DRIVER - 13hrs Per Week
School year, student attendance days. Approx. 0.34FTE, 13 hrs/week. Ability to pick up extra hours. Benefit package: retirement package & paid holidays. Paid training and endorsement costs covered by the district. $15.87/HOUR.
SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
• MAPS will train & pay for endorsements for the right person!
• Training time is paid.
• Greatest need is for afternoon drivers
• $15.00 per hour
MARQUETTE AREA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
(MESPA I Position)
REPORTS TO: Director of Auxiliary Services
RATIONALE: To provide safe and efficient transportation so that students may enjoy the fullest possible advantage from the District's curriculum and extracurricular programs.
- Must possess a valid Michigan Chauffeur's License with a bus driver's classification and have a good driving record.
- Must meet all requirements for school bus drivers as set forth by the State of Michigan and the Michigan Department of Education.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Record of integrity and reliability.
- Ability to work cooperatively with and relate positively to staff, faculty and students.
- Leadership ability.
- Neat appearance and personal cleanliness.
- Must meet health/physical requirements as required by performance responsibilities.
- Alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board of Education may find
appropriate and acceptable.
- Makes a pre-trip inspection of bus each day before first run, which includes maintaining proper fluid levels in engine.
- Makes a post-trip inspection of bus at the end of each run.
- Obeys all traffic laws.
- Observes all mandatory safety regulations set by the FCC and the Transportation Dept. for school buses.
- Observes all rules and regulations when using the two-way radio.
- Supervises the loading and unloading of passengers.
- Maintains discipline when students are on the bus.
- Reports students requiring discipline to the Transportation Office or Principal.
- Keeps assigned bus clean each day.
- Follows assigned schedule according to route sheet on file in Transportation Office.
- Notifies the Director of Auxiliary Services and Mechanic in case of mechanical failure or other problems while on the bus run.
- Discharges students only at authorized stops.
- Transports only authorized students.
- Exercises responsible leadership when on out-of-district trips.
- Enforces regulations against smoking and eating on the bus.
- Reports all accidents and completes required reports.
- Is responsible for maintaining adequate fuel level in bus.
- Attends all required In-Service sessions and meetings.
- Completes route sheets, student counts, odometer sheets, evaluation sheets and other necessary reports.
- Abides by all rules and policies set forth in the Marquette Public Schools Bus Drivers' Handbook. Discharges duties as outlined in Board of Education Policy and Michigan School Code.
- Performs duties of a lower classification when required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
***ONLY APPLICAITIONS SUBMITTED VIA THE MAPS WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED***