Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career that allows you to utilize your skills to their fullest potential? Do you want to join a team of hardworking, enthusiastic and creative people and enjoy working with a company that recognizes and embraces diversity? Do you take pride working with a company that is committed to being a great corporate citizen and playing a role in producing the highest quality products and services?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Pridgeon and Clay is the place for you…
Founded in 1948 by John Pridgeon and Donald Clay, we are one of the largest independent, value-added manufacturers and suppliers of automotive stamped and fine-blanked components in the United States.
The Hilo Driver maintains the flow of unprocessed product to the work area and removes the processed components and scrap from the work area in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Six months experience driving hi-lo for a production department, or one year of experience operating a hi-lo within a shipping–receiving department
- P&C hi-lo license, or the ability to pass both written and practical tests to obtain one
- Computer literacy
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent work record (e.g. limited employee warnings), including attendance
- Highly motivated
The Primary Activities of the Hi-lo Driver include:
- Maintain the flow of unprocessed products to the work area.
- Remove processed components and scrap material.
- Transfer finished and reworked parts to the appropriate shipping dock.
- Operate overhead crane(s).
- Read shipping list and part tags to ensure correct component bin placement and removal.
- Set Up the Hold Area with the appropriate containers and rework parts, when needed.
- Replace propane tanks of hi-lo(s) when necessary.
- Review hi-lo maintenance checklists before each shift.
- Change hi-lo battery and perform necessary preventative maintenance checks to the battery as required.
- Perform production support activities as directed by Supervisor.
- Report to Supervisor any damage to equipment/facilities that may have occurred while operating a hi-lo.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management.
- Consistently adhere to, and support, company policies and procedures, including ISO, TS 16949, and safety regulations.
- Safely use forklifts/hi-lo and cranes, maintaining licenses, maintenance schedules, and inspection sheets.
- Follow all safety procedures, including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), controls, safety devices, and use of coolants.
- Identify potential safety issues and take appropriate action. Ensure the environment is free of avoidable risks, and report concerns immediately, taking appropriate action to immediately rectify and resolve.
- Maintain weld equipment and processes to OSHA, MIOSHA, and company standards.
- Own departmental and personal work area organization to achieve the departmental 5S score.
- Consistently exhibit appropriate attendance habits, working the hours necessary to perform the job.
- Provide necessary, accurate, and timely feedback of all pertinent information to co-workers and management, including training and validating/appraising work as appropriate.
- Effectively communicate with co-workers and management personnel to enhance teamwork and communication initiatives. Exhibit all the attributes of a positive role model (including professionalism, personal integrity, and positive attitude) for employees and managers to emulate.
- Accept instructions and duties in a positive manner, while treating all co-workers with dignity and respect.
- Assist in maintaining company values (Integrity, People, Customers, We Can If…, Safety) daily, through thoughts and actions.
In return, Pridgeon and Clay will provide:
- A competitive total compensation including a comprehensive benefit plan with premium medical and prescription coverage starting at just $5.00 per week for employee coverage, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, and tuition reimbursement.
- A safe, team oriented work environment with a leadership team that treats you like family and values your input
- An opportunity to participate in shaping the success of the organization through continuous improvement and problem solving events
- A positive work/life balance
- An opportunity for career growth – Over 70% of our leaders have been promoted from within